Ok, I am starting to feel really guilty now that I have not thanked a number of people who passed on some "blog awards" to me. I don't know why I did not act on them immediately, I guess I just felt odd about accepting it publicly, but I did thank each and everyone, one on one.
Some of these awards came with requirements, so I am going to first, post the awards and mention who so kindly and generously felt that I was deserving of these, and then I will attempt to fulfil some of the requirements. The one requirement I will not answer is the one where you have to pass it on to a number of other bloggers you admire etc....BECAUSE, the truth is, that every blogger I follow I totally, totally admire, and the truth be known, I would most likely want to pass it back to the person who passed it on to me in the first place plus all the bloggers I follow! So, for those of you I follow and admire, and you all know who you are, these awards are all for you!
So,let's start, thank you.....
- Lai-Yoke from walchowDesign who gave me this award:
I have about another three of these and for the life of me I cannot track down my notes as to who passed them on to me, so please do not be offended if it was you, I really have appreciated them and I will make a more concerted effort to thank people immediately in the future!
So part of most of these awards was also to mention some facts about oneself and post a favourite photo. Here is one of many favourite photos, but this one was so unplanned and spontaneous. Natasha was barely three, Sahara, our dog, was just a pup, about 3 months or so, if that, and we were in South Africa, getting ready to take my daughter to her first school play in which she was a Ladybug!
Some little facts about me you may not know:
- I am actually French, born in France but have lived in South Africa since 1972, until 2010.
- I have a sister that is 5 years younger who lives in South Africa and a brother who is 2 years older and lives in France.
- I have run two full Marathons (26.2 miles), and one Ultra (30 miles) - and plan to run some more, god willing!
- I was very lucky to be chosen to hike to the Base Camp of Mount Everest in Nepal, in 2003, which is the same height of Mt. Kilimanjaro, 19 341 Feet!
- I was charged by an Elephant whilst on a 7 day hiking trail through the Matusadona Nature Reserve in Zimbabwe!
- I bathed for 7 days in a crocodile (not alligators) invested lake in the above Nature Reserve, they were so close that you had only 1 minute to dash out of the water from the time you saw their eyes sink below the surface!
- All those wild things I have just mentioned, I would do them all over again today at the drop of a hat! That is when I feel alive!
Thank you all for visiting my blog and for being so generous with your kindness and encouragement and awards!