Thursday, May 5, 2011

Loving my Fern Stamp

I really love this Fern stamp and used in the background for this very simple card.  I also wanted to use some left over strips of that beautiful Basicgrey paper I purchased the other day.

Paper: Cardstock (PTI); Pink Patterned Paper (Basicgrey): Other pp from my stash; Neenah Solar White
Ink: Brushed Corduroy DI; Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic Markers
Stamps: Hero Arts
Other: Corner Chomper; Gem (Recollections); PTI Large Scallop Die

I stamped the Three Ferns and the little Dragonfly (from a HA sentiment set) using Brushed Corduroy DI.  The Wildflower was coloured very simply with a pink copic marker, cut out and adhered, and I added a little pink gem for a touch of interest.  The sentiment is actually one single strip which I just stamped in two stages using a post-it-note.

I had a wonderful morning with my very good friend Lisa!  What an awesome day to be outside here today.  It was so great to have a girly day, we have not done that enough in the year that we have known each other, even though we do spend quite a bit of time in each other's company.  It's been a great day!  I hope yours has too!

7 comments:

susanne said...

This card is so beautiful Brenda! I think it really expresses how you feel! Sometimes the most beautiful artwork comes from a just a few intuitive brushstrokes quickly painted on a canvas. It's so easy to loose that fresh feeling when you're stuggling over where to put what. // So happy that you had such a lovely day!! Today was such lovely weather here, the sun was shining and you didn't even need a jacket!

Lisa said...

Well, I love this one too- even when you are sick you manage to keep 'em comin'! You've got me all excited for the fern stamp to arrive!
I had a great day today as well btw:)

joy said...

Such a pretty card, Brenda!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Brenda.... and what fun to spend a girly day with a friend, especially one who has the same hobby and interests as you.

Jacqueline said...

Good morning Brenda - that flower certainly makes an impact!

Tiffany Ervin said...

I so love that wildflower layered atop the 3 Ferns, it has a very classy look to it, Brenda!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Brenda, must you tempt me with those stamps? I'm going to have to win a lot more challenges if I'm going to want so many Hero Arts stamps. LOL I love how you layered the flowers. The sentiment is perfect broken up, too.