Monday, April 25, 2011

Perfect Just the Way You Are

I liked the OWH sketch 66 so much that I decided to make another card using the same layout just a different stamp and different patterned papers.


Paper: PTI Cardstock; Patterned Paper (old stash)
Ink: Soft Leaf ink (HA); Dusty Concord DI; Copic Markers; Versamark; Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Unity; Hero Arts
Other: Vellum; White Embossing Powder; Gems (stash)

I first stamped the front of the notecard with the Magical Background stamp from HA in Soft Leaf ink.  I then added the three strips of paper on the side.  I stamped the sentiment in Dusty Concord Distress ink.

The butterfly was first stamped on Neenah Solar White cardstock and coloured in with copic markers and adhered to the card.  I then stamped it again using versamark on vellum and embossed it with white embossing powder. I adhered the vellum butterfly over the other using a little bit of glossy accents under the body part only, and allowing the wings to "flutter".  I then added some little gems to the body of the butterfly.

Isn't that Itty Bitty stamp from Unity too beautiful!

I hope that you are all having a wonderful day!

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Someone is on a sweet little roll right now I'd say :) You must show me that sentiment- awesome!! This card is another beauty- perfect papers and stamps combo & I am loving your vellum butterfly- gorgeous, B!

Barb said...

Beautiful mix of patterns, Brenda! Love these pretty colors and your butterfly is gorgeous!

joy said...

I just love the softness of the colors on this card, Brenda! Such a very pretty card.

Paula S. said...

Nice job with the OWH sketch challenge! The "sheet music" paper add such an great touch to the card. It really draws the eye right to the beautiful butterfly.

Pam W Merwin said...

The colors are gorgeous and I love that vellum butterfly :-)

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Beautiful card, Brenda!

Full week of giveaways on my blog: dustypenny.com.

Rosemary said...

another lovely use of the sketch, brenda! this card would actually work wonderfully for the current "less is more" challenge...

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, wow, wow, Brenda! This has to be my favourite card that you've ever made!! The colours, the layout, the image and sentiment... everything is so perfect!

Dawn T said...

Lovely Brenda. I love how this came together so beautifully. Love your butterfly and the colours and design are stunning

Unknown said...

Beautiful! The vellum butterfly is perfect. The papers are great and stamping the background on the large piece was a great idea.

Linda said...

Such a beautiful butterfly and pretty card! I loved this sketch also.

Julie said...

Another beautiful one, Brenda! Love that vellum butterfly.

Jacqueline said...

This is becoming more and more your style Brenda - playing with pp and coming up with gorgeous selections of color and patterns. I love this and the butterfly looks butterfly white embossed!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful color combo! The butterfly takes center stage, love it embossed in white, looks so pure!

Donna Hanley said...

What a beautiful card. Your paper strips are great, as is your designer paper. The butterfly is gorgeous and your sentiment is "perfect". Thank you for sharing.

Alice said...

this is so beautiful, Brenda! love the design and your layered butterfly is gorgeous! love it!

Anonymous said...

SO pretty; thanks for sharing this!!