Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One Layer Challenge

I decided to make a card for the One Layer Challenge over on Less is More, and they also require that the sentiment be the focus.  I am not entirely sure if this will fit the bill, but I am posting it anyway,  because I like it!


Paper: PTI cardstock; Neenah Solar White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic Markers; CTMH Dye Inks; Adirondack Denim Dye ink
Stamps: Hero Arts
Other: Corner Chomper; Glossy Accents

This is another one of those stamp sets where I have only used one or two elements and had no idea how to use the others.  For a long time I wondered why would I want to stamp a grill on a card!  Anyway, today I did!  There must be a Dad out there who is passionate about grilling!

I stamped the grill image directly on the notecard, and then I stamped it again on a seperate piece of paper and coloured in the portion I wanted with my Copic Markers. I then added some glossy accents to it, let it dry, cut it out and adhered it to the card front. 

I then did the unthinkable!!!  Can you guess? ....yes.....I did....I cut up my sentiment stamp so that I could have three pieces and be able to stamp it at a different angle and also in different colours!  Is that bad?!

19 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Nice to see a clock on your blog Brenda - here it is 8:30 in the evening :) I saw this simple little challenge, loved how the sentiment should draw the attention, and you have done just that! By the way - what's cooking on the barbecue.. :)

Jane said...

I like this a lot, I too have done the unthinkable and cut into stamps so I could use them how I wanted xx

Lisa said...

Lovin' the GA on the barbie AND how you chopped up the sentiment and did the 3 colors :) It will be so much more versatile this way! I think it's perfect for LIM

sheila said...

jeepers...another perfectly simple, perfectly PERFECT card. and good for you going and cutting up your sentiment! gotta do what you gotta do to achieve that "ultimate" vision!

Jan said...

Class card xx Jan

Rosemary said...

fantastic card for the challenge, brenda! you are really on a roll with the father's day cards!

Chrissie said...

This is a cute card... and if it's your stamp you can do what you like with it. It certainly works well here!
Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sarah said...

This is great in every way - very snazzy and modern!


Sarah at 127

http://blueboxbabe.blogspot.com/2011/04/less-is-more-goes-grungey.html

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, this is so eye catching! Wonderful LIM challenge card. TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbookingdotcom

Anonymous said...

I like this fab CAS card....very smart

Sue said...

A great card Brenda. How brave of you to cut up your stamp, but it works so well. Sue.x

walchowDesign said...

Love this one-layer card, Brenda! It does expand your creativity with cutting the sentiment, right! I think it's worth the cutting and love how you arranged the sentiment in a playful manner!

Aileen said...

I think that's a good idea cutting up the stamp so now you have the freedom to position as you wish. Super father's day card. x

Alice said...

fabulous card, Brenda!! love that you stamped the sentiments in different colors.

Pauline said...

Brilliant Father's Day card!

Kathyk said...

Smart if you ask me! Fab card

Kathyk

Susan said...

I don't know why, but I always hesitate to cut up my stamps...and it makes SO much sense! This looks fabulous!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Clever. Spot on I'd say. Lx

Emily Leiphart said...

This is CAS perfection, Brenda! I think the same about manly stamps... hmmm, why, when... ha! The sentiment looks so good the way you did it!