Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Masculine Card

My all time favourite stamp set has to be the Antique Engravings set from Hero Arts.   I mostly love the buterflies and birds in it, but I have always been impressed about the details you can find on the sea shells in that set, they are exquisite.  Hence I used the sea shells to create this card.

Paper: PTI cardstock; Neenah Solar White
Ink: Chipped Sapphire & Wild Honey DI; CTMH (Desert Sand); Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps: Hero Arts; PTI (sentiment)
Other: PTI Tiny Tags Die

To create the main panel I did a bit of masking of the sea shells.  I then actually poppped up the one small sea shell in the front just for some dimension, which is not easy to see in the photo.

That's also the Hero Arts Silhouette Grass stamp in the background.  After I stamped that, I cut out a circle on some post-it note and used that to create a mask so that I could sponge the background with the Wild Honey Distress ink. 

After adhering the tag I added a little bird from the Antique Engravings set and popped it up with some dimensional dots.

I would like to take this time to wish you all a very Happy Easter!  The only thing I miss today other than my hubby of course, is my favourite Marshmellow Easter Eggs from Woolworths in South Africa!!!

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Dropping by to say hi to you Brenda. I soooo love those shells of the AE set too - you have used them beautifully on your card!
Hope your day is blessed!

walchowDesign said...

Great scene and love how you played with the blue shells! Great masking too and the sky is so beautiful!

jintyoo7 said...

Stunning scene, love it!