Saturday, March 19, 2011

Linda's 90 Minute Scramble!

Ok, I managed to get to do the 90 minute scramble over on the Hero Art Flickr site! Today Linda hosted it and provided us with the choice of either using a sketch she made or using acetate on our card.  I went with the sketch!  Here is what I decided to make:

Paper: Hero Arts notecard; Neenah Solar White
Ink: Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black, Colorbox white ink
Stamps: Hero Arts, Ali Edwards (sentiment)
Other: Circle punch, Sparkly gem (Recollections), green gem (stash), White Gel pen

I used the large and small flowers from the Hero Arts "3 Dotted Flowers" set and coloured them with Copics, cut them out, added a gem and adhered them to the notecard.

I then punched a circle out of the notecard and adhered my copic coloured butterfly to the inside of the card.  The sentiment was stamped with white Color Box ink, which I then had to overwrite with a white gel pen as I was not satisfied with the outcome.

Sympathy cards, not the easiest to make, especially when you are making them for people you do not know.  But I understand that any form of encouragement is something positive for the other person to receive, just to know that people are thinking of them.  So, this is one of a few that will be going out to people I do not know, who have been put in a heart wrenching situation.  My thoughts and prayers are with them!

9 comments:

Barb said...

Love how you used the sketch, Brenda and these colors are so pretty!

Virginia L. said...

Love your take o nthe Scramble chllenge! Truly love in every way. It will bring a smile to someone when they are faced with a difficult time. Hugs to you!

Dawn T said...

what a lovely sympathy card Brenda. Lovely use of the sketch too.

Rosemary said...

love your take on the sketch, brenda! welcome back... i hope you had a wonderful time on your vacation!

Jacqueline said...

Your sentiment and colors are beautiful!

Lisa said...

I really like how you did the cut out for the butterfly-- so pretty!!-- and your sentiment in white. It looks great and someone will definitely appreciate it :)

Sanne said...

Welcome back Brenda - hope you enjoyed your vacation!
Great job Brenda - love the little detail with the punched circle :)

Emily Leiphart said...

I'm with you - I don't know what is more difficult, sympathy or masculine. You did a superb job here! I really love the floating butterfly. Everything is balanced so beautifully!

walchowDesign said...

Love your take on the sketch! You are fantastic in coloring, Brenda - love them all!