Wednesday, February 9, 2011

PTI Make It Mondays

As part of their 4th Anniversary, Papertrey Ink have launched their Make It Mondays challenge which you can read about in detail on Nichole Heady's blog.  Basically every Monday they will post a technique video and the challenge will be to incorporate what they are showing into a card and post it.  As this is their anniversary celebration, they are offering a major prize, go take a look!

Erin's technique video  was to use similar sentiments repeatedly on a card as the main focus.  I have to admit, that I have completely CASEd this one as I am just trying it out, and I wanted to incorporate that Fabulous Flourish stamp from Hero Arts, in retrospect I think I should have used a lighter shade of ink for the Flourish, and as I am a useless designer, I still need to work on the best placement for the sentiments, also, I probably tried to put too many on the centre panel.  Nevertheless, you live and learn, and learn some more!  It's still pretty.

Paper: Hero Arts Notecard, Neenah Solar White
Ink: CTMH dye ink (Petal), Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Hero Arts (Fabulous Flourish and some sentiments), PTI (sentiments from various sets)

Looking at it again, perhaps 2 or 3 little gems as embellishment may be necessary, I'll have to think about it.  I am quite a plain girl! Oh, and that second sentiment is wonky!

I am intrigued by this technique, and also the technique of repetative stamping to create ones' own backgrounds, so you may see a few cards of that nature over the next few days.  Also, this challenge ends at 7am EST on Monday 14th Feb, and you can enter as many times as you like.

Thank you for popping by!  Leave me a comment and any constructive criticism if you like, I know I will appreciate it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I was drawn to this card from the thumbnails and don't think you need to change a thing! It's beautiful!

jintyoo7 said...

Love this card, it caught my eye immediately - great design!!

Dawn T said...

Pretty colours Brenda and great idea to use all your sentiments.

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Brenda, this card is beautiful. I love the flourish with the different sentiments. I must check out the make it monday cite. You did a great job on this card.

Michelle said...

Love it Brenda! The placement of the words is perfect! Looks great with the flourish!!

Rosemary said...

this is a great card, brenda! you did a wonderful job of creating a card using sentiments!

Jackie said...

That's beautiful! I love the flourish and all of the different sentiments.