Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trying Out a Collage Look

(This is my 2nd post of today, make sure you scroll down for the 1st and up for the 3rd!)

I am so taken in by my friend Jacqueline's creations, you can see her wonderful work on her blog HERE, that I just had to give a collage design a go.  It's not outstanding, but I think it's romantic, and that is what I wanted to achieve.

Paper: Hero Arts Notecard, Neenah Solar White
Ink: Tombo Markers, Tea Dye & Pumice Stone Distress Inks
Stamps: Hero Arts, Darkroom Door, Ali Edwards, Stampers Anonymous
Other: Gems from my stash, Glossy Accents, Nestability Scalloped Oval Dies

I cut out the scalloped oval using my Nestability Die and Cuttlebug.  I then stamped the Rose which I had inked by colouring it with my Tombow markers.  I then stamped it again on scratch paper to use it as a mask.  I applied the mask and stamped my background with the various stamps, first being the "Old Letter Writing" from Hero Arts.

The sentiment is that tiny circle on the bottom left, it says "Love"!   I just adore the font from Ali Edwards' stamps which you can find at Technique Tuesday and HERE is the link for this months Studio AE stamp set. It's a great one for Valentines or any love themed cards or layouts.  I covered that sentiment with glossy accents.

I don't think I can be more "collagy" than this!  Why do I love collage, especially when someone else makes it, well, it speaks of old time romance to me, the stuff that Love is made of!  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

Brenda.... lovely collage. Like you I admire it in others and struggle with it myself... but you really captured the essence here... very romantic

Rosemary said...

your collage card is lovely, brenda!

Jacqueline said...

Loved it immediately!! You have eye and talent for this style and the colors are just gorgeous!! Beautiful card and I think I will have to case it quite soon - will keep in touch!

walchowDesign said...

Indeed this is a romantic cad, Brenda! Lovely soft collage and the love stamp is sweet too! Great masking job!