Monday, January 10, 2011

In Need of Something Bright!

It's grey and cold.  I don't mind cold, I don't mind winter, but I do love blue skies and the suns rays warming falling on your skin!  So I needed to make something a little cheerful.  Plus my husband has gone away for work this morning and will only be back in just short of 3 weeks!  I know that for some this comes as total pleasure, but not for me, I love to know that he is around here somewhere, not on another continent!  But before I allow myself to get to soppy, here is my attempt at cheering up today!

Paper: Neenah Solar White, Hero Arts Layering paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Adirondack- Denim, Copic Markers
Stamps: Hero Arts
Other: Glossy Accent, Black and White Enamel accent

It was fun and simple masking the beach ball!  I wish I was more colour conscious really, I think I could have chosen better colours, maybe I need to spend some time in a beach shop!!!  Other than that, the card is quite self-explanatory.  I coloured the balls with my Copic Markers (I didn't do any fancy shading here).  I also added some glossy and enamel accents to the little white circles and black enamel accent to the centre of the ball.

Have an absolute wonderful day!

10 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

Love the colors you used. The enamel and glossy accents are perfect!

CinnamonSally said...

Love this bright and cheerful card Brenda, just what I need to see on a dull old day like today!!

Tiffany said...

Very lively and colorful, love this and I love the beach balls!

Barb said...

A bright, fun card, Brenda! Love the colors and perfect sentiment! Just got finished shoveling. . .AGAIN. . .and this warmed me right up! :)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Brenda, This is a great card and I love that sentiment--The colors are great and you did a great job.

Rosemary said...

what a super cute card, brenda! your masking is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Brenda, what a fun creation! Your copic coloring is so lovely! Beautiful...and what a great sentiment!
This is me sending you some smiles and hugs to cheer you up! ;)
-Martha

Dawn said...

So much fun Brenda... very summery. Your beach balls are great and the colours look perfect.

Jacqueline said...

What? Three weeks without DH??? I'm like you, love to have hubby around. I will be thinking of you!

walchowDesign said...

Such fun and vibrant colours! It sure will brighten one's day with this card! 3 weeks away is very long - poor you! Mine will be away for 2 weeks!