Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sweet Birthday Card

Today I have a sweet little card which will be going to my daughter's friend for her 5th birthday.

I first embossed the card base with my Cuttlebug and the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  (The card base is 10 X 10cm). I stamped the Cloud stamp to create the background on white cardstock.  The "grass" is actually the negative part of a piece I had die cut with the Rick-Rack PTI border die, sometimes it pays not to throw away those pieces!  The little girl and butterfly were stamped, coloured in with copics, cut out and adhered.  The butterfly is adhered with a dimensional dot.

Paper: Cardstock (PTI), Neenah Solar White
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Heavenly Blue (CTMH), Copic Markers
Other: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder

I wanted to keep the layout simple, bright but sweet. 

Thank you for passing by to have a look!  Have a wonderful day!



2 comments:

Rosemary said...

so sweet, brenda! love how you used the left over piece from the ric rac die!!

Michelle said...

such an adorable stamp! you colored her beautifully, Brenda!