Thursday, November 25, 2010

Christmas Tags

I finally got down to making the two Christmas Tags for my nephews in South Africa.  The back of each tag has a little pocket in which we will put some money for them, as that is what they want.


Paper: Neenah Solar White, Glossy White
Stamps: Hero Arts, Tim Holtz
Ink: Black Stazon , Pumice Stone & Broken China Distress Inks, Ranger Alcohol Inks, Versafine, Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Tag (Office Max), Ric-rac and other ribbon (old stash), twine from the Twinery (around the ribbon), Clear embossing powder

This first tag was made by stamping the Hero Arts Friends Definition background stamp using Versamark and then heat embossing with clear embossing powder.  I then used the resist method and inked it with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and a little Broken China around the edges.  The Santa figure is one from a Tim Holtz set which I stamped using Stazon onto a piece of glossy paper that I had previously inked with various shades of alcohol inks. 

A little bit of ric-rac ribbon, some sewing and a sentiment from Hero Arts with a bit more Broken China and the tag was ready.  It's a little different I guess, but hey, it feels good to be unconventional sometimes!


Paper: Kraft (PTI), Neenah Solar White
Stamps: Hero Arts, Inkadinkado
Ink: Wild Honey & Fired Brick Distress Ink, Versafine Crimson Red, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Other: Ribbon (old stash), Twine from the Twinery, Clear embossing powder

This second tag was made by first stamping the Hero Arts Flourish Background stamp using Versamark and then also heat embossing with clear embossing powder.  I then inked it up with Wild Honey Distress Ink (stunning colour) and added some Fired Brick Red around the edges.  The Reindeer, from an Inkadinkado set, was stamped seperately and coloured using Copics.  I added some Glossy Accents on the white areas. I cut it out and adhered it to the tag.  The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set, it was stamped on kraft using Crimson Red Versafine ink.  I like this cute tag.

All that remains to be said now is Happy Thanksgiving!  I wish you the most wonderful day, hopefully spent with family!  My mother gets to spend Thanksgiving with us, sadly she leaves to return to South Africa tomorrow.

4 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving Brenda, and I love your sweet tags! I particularly like the first one, great colous and I love the ric-rac!!
Sallyx

Rosemary said...

happy thanksgiving, brenda! how nice to have your mom with you for the holiday!! adorable tags!!

Sanne said...

Two adorable christmas tags Brenda. The reindeer made me smile BIG :)
Have a happy weekend!
Hugs Sanne

Michelle said...

These tags are so sweet! Love that Santa and deer!