Monday, November 23, 2015

New to Me

I've seen a few of these types of cards on the web and I really enjoyed them but never got to making one myself.  So today I sat down and started cutting strips of patterned papers that were on my table from another project.  I adhered two centre strips on a mat of brown cardstock first and then continued to work above and below them.  (That was the easiest way for me to figure out how to make this work).

Here is the card I made, I am quite happy with it, but the patterned papers are what will make this kind of card.

www.infinite-possibilities.blogspot.com

I found a stamped and trimmed Hero Arts butterfly in my stash and added it together with some gems.

This is a nice way to use up those scraps.

Have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

Arlene said...

Beautiful patterns and colors. Just lovely!

Cindy C. said...

Wonderful card Brenda!! And what great way to use up the pretty scraps! I have tons of paper strips I cannot part from. Guess I am going to try this method as well! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Elton said...

It's beautiful Brenda, you did a great job!!

Martha said...

Brenda, this is simply beautiful.
Love the pretty papers, gorgeous butterfly, and fabulous design.
Well done!