Sunday, July 31, 2011

CASE Study Challenge

Well, I was still looking around for more inspiration, sketches is what I was after, but the CASE Study challenge from Dawn Woleslagle really caught my attention, just look at this beauty:


I could never do it justice, so I did it my way and focused on the actual "sketch" of the card!

Paper: PTI cardstock; Neenah; "Out of Print" (Basic rey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic markers; HA Soft Leaf shadow ink; Antique Linen DI
Stamps: Hero Arts (CL542; CL496); PTI (Wonderful Words Addition)
Other: Stampin' Up Scalloped punch; PTI Wonderful Words Addition die; Seed beads

The white panel is stamped with a leaf from a Hero Art set using Soft Leaf shadow ink, and then the edges of the panel are distressed with a little bit of Antique Linen DI.  I stamped, trimmed and coloured the flower with Copics and applied seed beads to the centre before adhering it to the card base.  The sentiment is made up of a stamp and a die (the "you", and it's is coloured with a matching copic marker).  A bit of patterned paper on the edge and that was it.

I think it's my second time playing at CASE Study and I am still trying to get the hang of what "case" is in terms of whether one is suppose to reproduce an identical card but with different colours and a different stamp.  I was not sure whether stamping the background of the added panel was "allowed" but I did it anyway.

The main thing, I enjoyed the process and I am enjoying the outcome!

The outside thermometer says 104F! We washed my car, my daughter enjoyed it, and then we had a bit of a swim. I tried to read a bit outside, but it's so hot and I really don't want my daughter in that hot sun for too long. So we are back indoors again and I think I am going to go and cut a bit more of my 12 X 12's into 6 X 6's, it's quite therapeutic!  Bye for now!

14 comments:

lynzw21 said...

I really love this card Brenda! The colouring on the flower is so pretty, and the seed beads in the center give it a great finish. I think the stamped leaves on the added panel make the card, so I say you made the right move adding them :)

Barb said...

Oh, is this ever pretty! Love the subtle stamping of the leaves in the background and these colors are beautiful! Gorgeous flower too, Brenda!

We are steaming hot here too! I'm going out to mow the grass soon. Need to wait for the sun to go down a bit more though. Have a great night and stay cool!

Dawn said...

Lovely interpretation of the card. I really the colours you chose.

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Brenda, this card is gorgeous--I love it. The flower is very pretty and love the colors that you used. Great job. It is very hot here too. Take care and God bless.

Rosemary said...

lovely take on the challenge, brenda!!

Sue Lelli said...

Brenda, it was just TOO hot today TFS! PRETTY card! LOVE how you followed the sketch and that flower is GREAT!

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Lovely card!!Love the colors:) TFS I'm now a new follower and can't wait to see your next card:)
Hugs
Norma

Jacqueline said...

I can see you enjoyed the process of making this card Brenda, I just love the use of the colors!!

Lisa said...

Loving the sage leaves on the panel, B- super pretty! You did a great job with the sketch in your own awesome style :) These colors are fantastic together!

walchowDesign said...

Love the blue which you used on the flower with the subtial green bg, Brenda! Great take on the challenge!

Stella said...

I think you did a wonderful job. The flower is a stunning eyecatcher and I love that sentiment!

Would you please send some sun and warmth to Holland? :)
Hugs!

Michelle said...

Beautiful coloring, Brenda! I really love all your cards!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous colours, great layout and wonderful job with the inspiration! Love it :)

AnitaRex said...

I like your take on the card! Love it in blue and love how you made up that sentiment! I think CASE means to be inspired by that card and create off of it. It can be hard but also fun as you can learn from others!