Saturday, February 19, 2011

Combined PDC #69 & Case Study Challenge #27!

This is my first time ever looking at the Case Study Blog and I think it could be a fun place to hang out at every now and then.  Basically they choose a monthly Muse, this month it's Eva Dobilas from  For The Love of Life, and you CASE her card which is published on the Case Study blog.

But this week, Case Study has teamed up with Play Date Cafe for double the fun (or double the challenge in my case!), and you get to use the colours over at PDC and the card at Case Study, or you can just participate in each challenge individually.

Here is the combined challenge showcasing Eva's card and the PDC colours:


Isn't that card a stunner!

Ok, well, I am a woman, so multitasking should come easily, correct!  It does, in all other parts of my life, but wow, making a card this way is something totally different.  Once I had selected the colour of my card base thoug, it did kind of all fall into place because at least I had Eva's card to follow and the 3 colours.

This is a totally different kind of card for me because I tend to never really add so many elements on my card, but, I did it, it was fun, and here is my take:

Paper: PTI Cardstock & Red Polka Dot paper, Black& White Rockin' Holidays Artist Paper  (Raquel Joya), Vellum
Ink: Fired Brick & Forest Moss & Black Soot & Pumice Stone Distress Ink, Stazon (Jet Black), Versamark
Stamps: Purple Onion Designs (butterfly), PTI, Unity (small background stamp on the oval piece)
Other: Nestabilities Scalloped Oval, PTI Flower Die, Clear Button (Hero Arts), Embroidery Thread, PTI Lace Border Die, Clear Embossing Powder, PTI's Edgers Die #1

Just look at the list of everything I used above!  This is a very busy card!

Not too much explanation required but I wanted to point out that for the biggest flower, I actually stamped a flourish from PTI's "Embellishments" stamp set, a few times, using Versamark, and then I clear embossed it and inked it up with Black Soot (emboss resist technique).

I also glued the clear button onto a piece of that black & white patterned paper and then cut around it to give it a nice matching backing!

Ok, here's hoping you like it!  Thank you for popping in and have a wonderful Saturday!

11 comments:

Aimes said...

I love your take for the double challenge! Especially loving your resist-emboss technique!
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week - I hope you'll join us again soon :D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Heather Maria said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Brenda! Wonderful design and details!

Barb said...

Love the details on this card, Brenda! Love the way you've turned the sketch too! Nicely done!

Andrea Ewen said...

So many gorgeous elements coming together on one beautiful card! Awesome job with the colors and I love that vellum sentiment...a great accent! Thanks for playing along with us at both the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study challenges!

Michelle said...

Awesome! Love the edge of the card! Great pattern papers! I love those PTI dies!Love the vellum accent!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Brenda, this is a great take on both challenges this week! THanks so much for joining us at the Cafe. :)

Anonymous said...

great card Brenda

Ruby said...

You should elements more often, I think you've done a great job!! Lovely card! Thanks for playing along us in our combined challenge with the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study!

Libby Hickson said...

So pretty, Brenda! And I love those fun polka dots! :-) Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Yay polka dots! Your combination of patterns works fantastically. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

It is a busy cardindeed, but it totally works!! Amazing work of art, LOVE it! Thank you so much for joining us for our special challenge this week!